Over five million Americans have dental implants, and the number is growing every year. Most patients love dental implants because they are far superior to other teeth replacements. Dental implants make a significant difference in your life, helping you smile confidently and enjoy life to the fullest.
Park Avenue Dental in New York installs dental implants that mimic your natural teeth in almost every way.
The cosmetic and functional benefits of implant dentistry
Dental implants are an investment in your smile and quality of life. When you replace your lost teeth with dental implants, these are the benefits you enjoy in your everyday life:
- Elevated self-confidence: Gaps in your mouth can make you feel embarrassed when showing your beautiful smile. And if you wear traditional dentures, you smile less often because they can fall out when you least expect them. With dental implants, you can hold your head high and smile confidently without worrying about your teeth
- Eating without limits: Tooth loss diminishes your biting and chewing force, which affects your nutrition and health. Dental implants allow you to chew better and without pain. You can enjoy all your favorite nutritious foods, just like you would do with natural teeth
- Regained speaking ability: Teeth play a vital part in articulating words. Mouth gaps or ill-fitting restorations can affect pronunciation, making you repeat yourself when talking. Dental implants restore your speaking ability since they are stabilized in the jawbone and close your mouth gaps for normal speech patterns
- Improved bone health: You lose about 25% of your jawbone within the first year of tooth loss! Like other body tissues, your jawbone “wastes away” when unused. When your jawbone lacks stimulation from teeth grinding and chewing forces, it loses its volume and density. Since dental implants are anchored in your jawbone, they stimulate your jawbone to halt bone loss and encourage regeneration
- Preserved facial structure: Losing teeth may result in sagged or sunken-in appearance. Dental implants maintain your facial structure to preserve your youthful appearance
- Durability: Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss. They can last for life with proper care. And the maintenance required is not burdensome at all — simply maintain a diligent routine of brushing and flossing your teeth and regularly visit your dentist for check-ups every six months
Dental implants placed by Dr. Mary Taudel will make you stress-free, happier, and more in love with yourself than ever! Find out if dental implants are right for you by dialing (646) 588-1704.
Share this Article