Cleanings, examinations, and regular oral cancer screenings
A general dentist is a dental professional who provides dentistry services that help individuals obtain good oral health and wellness and maintain a beautiful smile. Dr. Mary Taudel and her team in New York, New York, are pleased to offer a wide selection of general dentistry services for patients who visit her Park Avenue area practice. With general dentistry, patients have the chance to talk to a professional about their desires and work out a treatment plan to achieve these goals. That may include general, cosmetic, or restorative dental care.
What general dentistry services are available at Park Avenue Dental?
- Dental examination – during a dental exam, Dr. Taudel will examine the teeth and gums to look for signs of problems, such as tooth decay, periodontal disease, infection, or damage to the smile.
- Teeth cleaning – our dental hygienists provide thorough dental cleanings, also known as “prophylaxis,” which removes plaque, tartar, and calculus from the teeth and gums.
- Fluoride application – many patients who have trouble keeping their teeth clean or are more susceptible to cavities, may ask about fluoride applications, which help strengthen the natural tooth enamel and offer an extra step of protection for the teeth.
- X-rays – dental x-rays are used to provide images of the teeth, gums, and bone underneath the gum line that cannot be seen with the naked eye. They are used to diagnose issues or even plan procedures such as the placement of dental implants.
- Oral cancer screenings – we provide an oral cancer screening at every visit. Oral cancer can be diagnosed in the earliest stages and treated quickly to ensure a healthy recovery and reduce the risk of serious problems.
- Oral hygiene education and treatments – we educate patients while they are in the dental chair about the care of their smiles. We want patients to have the information they need to keep their teeth and gums clean and maintain their oral health and wellness.
Call Dr. Mary Taudel today!
New York, NY, patients interested in learning more about general dentistry services available at Park Avenue Dental can call the office at (646) 588-1704 to request an appointment. We are open to new patients and families at our practice, located at 37 Park Avenue in Suite A.