General restorative dental treatments available
Restorative dentistry is a field of dental care where the dentist focuses on repairing and restoring the health and beauty of the smile. It can be performed for simple cosmetic issues or may include standard tooth replacement options such as implants, dentures, and bridges. With restorative dentistry, patients can address various issues that may be impacting the health, function, or appearance of the smile.
What restorative dental treatments are available with Dr. Mary Taudel of New York, New York?
The team at Park Avenue Dental is pleased to provide the following general and restorative dental services:
- Scaling and root planing – Scaling and root planing is a process used to clean the surfaces of the teeth above and below the gum line when conditions such as periodontitis have been diagnosed. It is a deep clean that is often done every few months until the infection is successfully controlled and the patient has the education to manage the infection with time.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are used to replace one, several, or all teeth in the dental arch, depending on the restoration used. These restorations will last a lifetime with proper care.
- Teeth extractions – Some situations may arise in which a patient will need a permanent adult tooth removed, such as significant damage, a failed root canal treatment, or removal of a tooth before undergoing orthodontic treatment, especially if overcrowding is a concern.
- Porcelain veneers – To cover imperfections near the front of the smile, porcelain veneers are often used to disguise problems that may otherwise detract from a beautiful tooth.
- Dental bonding – Composite resin materials are often used to cover permanent staining, chips, and gaps between teeth. This tooth-colored material looks just like natural tooth enamel and provides versatile options. The same material is also used in filling cavities as it offers seamless and aesthetic repairs.
Request an appointment at Park Avenue Dental today
New York, NY area patients interested in restoring their smile can call Dr. Mary Taudel at (646) 588-1704 to request a visit. Obtaining full dental reconstruction of the smile is just a phone call away! Her office is open to new and returning patients and is conveniently located at 37 Park Avenue, Suite A.