Dr. Mary Taudel and her team at Park Avenue Dental routinely work with patients who need an oral health routine that fits their lifestyle, schedule, and dental health needs. When you visit our office for regular evaluations and cleanings, we can educate you on the steps you might want to take to develop an effective and easy-to-follow oral hygiene schedule. Let’s go over a few tips and recommendations our team may suggest in developing a perfect dental hygiene routine best suited for your needs:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. Brushing after each meal, snack, or drink is ideal for improved oral hygiene and health. Make sure you choose fluoridated toothpaste to get the most out of your brushing routine and consider an electric toothbrush for a more thorough cleaning of the teeth and gums
- Floss daily. Flossing removes food particles and bacteria from between teeth, reducing plaque buildup and helping prevent gum disease. If you struggle with traditional floss, ask about the added benefits of a water pik device instead
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash. Mouthwashes help kill bacteria that cause bad breath and reduce your risk of cavities and other dental issues. Choose one that contains fluoride for added benefits
- Eat healthy snacks and a nutritious diet. Eating healthy snacks can help keep your teeth strong by providing essential vitamins and minerals. Pay close attention to the heavy consumption of carbohydrates and sugars, which can contribute to cavities
- Visit the dentist regularly for checkups. Regular dental exams are the key to maintaining excellent oral health. Make sure you schedule your routine visits with Park Avenue Dental for a comprehensive evaluation and cleaning
Speak to our team about your perfect oral hygiene routine!
By following these tips from our team, you can ensure that you maintain optimal oral hygiene and health.
If you have any dental questions or want to discuss developing an effective dental hygiene plan, please get in touch with Dr. Mary Taudel and her team at (646) 588-1704 today!
Share this Article